Next Steps

Learn More

Learn more about housing programs in Michigan:

For help finding housing while experiencing homelessness, contact:

Find apartments with affordable rents:

If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, call for help:

Get legal advice if you have any concerns:

Apply for Housing Assistance

To apply for Section 8 housing programs, Public Housing, or HOPWA:

If you are a Native American, you may qualify for additional housing programs. Learn more at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Eastern/Woodlands Office of Native American Programs.

Benefits Planning Services

If you're currently on SSI, SSDI, or DAC benefits, and you're looking for a job, a trained Benefits Planner can help you avoid problems with your job plan. If you need help or have questions about your situation, you can call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST.

View DB101's full list of experts who can help you understand different benefits.

Learn more